Jason Shafron, Esq.
- Personal Injury
- Banking Finance
- Business and Commercial Law
- Defamation & Privacy
- Construction Accidents
- State Local & Municipal Law
- Construction Law
- Insurance Law
- Employment Law Employee
- Employment Law Employer
- Real Estate Law
- Probate and Estate Litigation
Jason T. Shafron concentrates his practice in the areas of business law and litigation; employment, real estate and personal injury litigation; and government law. He is also experienced in zoning, planning, and land use issues, and he possesses insight into the codes and complex regulations that effect property use in New Jersey today. His work has included matters such as product liability, construction, trade secret, employment, and real estate cases in state and federal trial and appellate courts, and representation of individuals and companies in diverse business disputes.
A 1988 graduate of Bucknell University, Mr. Shafron earned B.A. degrees in both Economics and Political Science. During his studies at Villanova University School of Law, he served as a research assistant in bankruptcy and tax law, as well as studying in London, England. After he received his J.D. in 1991, Mr. Shafron served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Thomas S. O'Brien, J.A.D., of the New Jersey Superior Court, Appellate Division.
Mr. Shafron's legal experience was broadened by his time practicing law in San Francisco. He gained invaluable experience from Silicon Valley where he represented numerous types of businesses, from start-ups to Fortune 50 corporations. He successfully has litigated ERISA; insurance coverage; stock option dispute; product liability; real estate; and class action cases. Mr. Shafron has also represented financial institutions, private lenders, developers, and brokers in varied real estate-related transactions and litigation.
Mr. Shafron is a member of the Bergen County, New Jersey, and American Bar Associations. He has participated in the Bergen County Bar Association's Annual Land Use Symposium, where he lectured regarding the impact of a U.S. Supreme Court decision on eminent domain and development in New Jersey, and serves as a judge for the Bar Association's Mock Trial Competition. As a member of the Justice William J. Brennan Jr. Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Mr. Shafron further honed his litigation skills during a two-year training program.
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1991
- Honors: Top 1/4 of Class
- Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
- B.A. - 1988
- Major: Economics
- Major: Political Science
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- New Jersey, 1991
- New York, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1995
- California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1998
- Hon. Thomas S. O'Brien, J.A.D. Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, Law Clerk, 1991 to 1992
- Law Offices of Jason T. Shafron, Esq., Owner, 1999 to 2005
- Archer & Greiner, P.C., 175 attorney East Coast Regional Law Firm, Partner, Commercial Litigation, 2005 to 2015
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Passaic County Bar Association, Member
- New Jersey Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member
- Bergen County Central Municipal Court Judge
- District 2B Ethics Committee, Member
- Public Defender, New Milford
- Northwest Bergen County Utilities Authority – Commissioner, Chair of Personnel and Insurance Committees
- New Jersey Friendship House, Board of Trustees
- Planning Board Member, Borough of Oakland
- Reed Academy – Capital Campaign Co-Chair
- Bergen County Bar Association Mock Trial Competition – Judge Quarter Finals
- Jewish Federation of Northern New Jersey- Member of the Board of Trustees
- Bergen County Bar Association Land Use Symposium – Lecturer
- Passaic County Bar Association – Board of Trustees
- American Cancer Society – Board of Directors and Chairman, Young Prof. Div.
- Justice William J. Brennan Jr. Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Frederick B. Lacey Mock Trial Moot Court Competition, Semifinalist
- Bergen County Bar Association – Member and Co-Chair, Products Liability
- Instructor, LSAT Preparatory Classes, Stanley Kaplan
- Boy Scouts of America – Eagle Scout
- Represented 12 families in hearings before the September 11th Victims Compensation Fund.
- Successfully defended a national apartment complex owner from claims by the U.S. Department of Environmental Protection.
- Defended a major pharmaceutical manufacturer in New Jersey state court litigation regarding the marketing, sale and labeling of drugs alleged to cause serious personal injury.
- Represented a product manufacturer in Federal Court involving allegations of personal injury resulting from design defect.
- Won summary judgment and New Jersey appellate court on a design defect claim for a product manufacturer.
- Represented a real estate management company in defense of claims of retaliatory discharge.
- Represented a New Jersey municipality in complex construction defect, lien and breach of contract litigation.
- Defended a major insurer on a $500 Mil class action insurance coverage litigation
- Represented a commercial real estate LLC in first party fire insurance coverage and broker malpractice litigation.
- Litigated and prevailed in numerous commercial real estate brokerage litigation disputes involving commercial real estate broker fees.
- Represented a major New York-based builder on breach of contract claim against commercial real estate developers.
- Prevailed on order to show cause protecting a real estate brokerage firm’s principal’s right of refusal to purchase commercial property.
- Successfully represented an automobile manufacturer on environmental claims associated with a former dealership.
- Represented a national retail tenant in lease interpretation litigation against national shopping mall owner.
- Defended a New Jersey accounting firm in employment claims by discharged professional.
- Represented the owner of New Jersey and New York apartment buildings on complex fire insurance coverage and broker malpractice claims, settled on excellent terms for owner.
- Represented a national investment advisor in substantial breach of contract dispute with medical manufacturing company regarding investment finder fee.
- Successfully defended a New Jersey commercial contractor and developer from claims of fraud, breach of contract and consumer fraud.
- Litigated and successfully resolved fraud and breach of contract claims on behalf of the purchaser/developer of commercial real estate arising from environmental contamination.
- Won a jury verdict on claims and counterclaims, affirmed on appeal, on behalf of a major East Coast oil distributor on breach of contract and franchise, petroleum practices and consumer fraud act claims.
- Successfully represented hotel in insurance coverage and broker malpractice litigation and underlying employment discrimination litigation.
- Prevailed at trial and appeal on governmental challenge to a New Jersey hotel developer’s variance approval.
- Successfully represented a New Jersey and New York large condominium complex developer on construction defect, consumer fraud, broker malpractice and insurance coverage claims.
- Won a substantial verdict in a three week trial in Bergen County Superior Court involving complex and novel issues of New Jersey cooperative association law.